You have access to all the replays here!
Our webinars are aimed at all teachers, but also educators, parents, school administrators, who are involved with children and young people, and who are interested in the Christian dimension of transmission. The Mathurin Cordier-France Network brings together Protestant schools, whether evangelical or not, as well as associations and training institutes which respond in different ways to the mission given by Christ to go and make disciples of all nations, in the teachers.
Due to the health crisis, we had chosen to change the format of our " Mathurin Cordier seminar " annual. In 2021, we had therefore spread our webinars over several dates, in videoconference format, which allowed each participant to attend these meetings from home! And even if we did not benefit from the immense advantages of face-to-face, this loss was largely compensated by the absolutely unique possibilities offered by this new format, such as:
- The considerable decrease in investment in time and money.
- The reduction of the formula by distributing the sessions over one evening and 3 Saturday mornings.
- The organization of work in small groups that may extend beyond these webinars.
- The possibility of following the plenary sessions in replay.
The theme of 2021
« Let's come together and build together ": It is not only a theme, but a vision and injunction from the Lord himself. For these special times that we are going through, facing not only a health crisis, but headwinds where the freedom of education is called into question and where the question of the very existence of our schools is likely to arise, coming together and building together becomes all the more crucial.
Let us remember, in the midst of all of this, that God's promises remain unchanging: promises of growth and multiplication as we persevere in the calling!
As we had underlined during our previous meetings, it is urgent to break down the partitions, the isolation, and promote new synergies between directors, administrators, teachers, educators, parents who are all committed to educating and building according to the model : " It is from him, and thanks to all the links of his assistance, that the whole body, well coordinated and forming a solid assembly, derives its growth » (Eph 4. 16a).
Let’s build together with gold, silver and precious stones on this one solid foundation: Jesus Christ. (1Co 3) Let’s move from a culture of events (annual gatherings) to a culture of networking, where each school and each ministry is involved in this common construction to its extent.
New technological possibilities make it possible to organize and experience these synergies, to discuss and build together, without requiring large resources. Let's take this opportunity
2021 Webinar Schedule
The program of our webinars in 2021 is at the service of this vision of building together. We started with an evening of prayer Friday February 19 during which we brought together to the Lord our praise, our prayers, our subjects of gratitude and intercession. Each school team has its own prayer dynamic, each ministry involved in this field of education too, but this does not replace a national dynamic. This is what we experienced in this first moment, rich in the participation of representatives of several Christian schools in France.
- SESSION 1. Saturday morning 20 February. REPLAY ICI. NWe had the joy of welcoming Anne COFFINIER, Jennifer LEA, Françoise CARON, Brigitte BLAISE, Luc BUSSIERE for various interventions. The afternoon was an opportunity for directors and administrators to meet in Visio conference, to discuss various current topics. A National Education inspector was also present to encourage and advise us. REPLAY AVAILABLE ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WERE REGISTERED
- SESSION 2. Saturday morning March 20, REPLAY ICI. Régine KAKOURIDIS brought relevant and timely biblical meditation: a powerful message of encouragement to all actors in Christian schools. Jean Christophe and Claudia HUET provided a biblical look at distance education, a topical subject, in particular for everything related to teacher training. The participants then divided into one of the 10 thematic workshops offered, an opportunity to meet in smaller groups around a given theme.
- SESSION 3. Saturday May 1st. REPLAY ICI. Tom BLOOMER, former dean of the University of Nations Youth in Mission brought the Bible meditation. Jean Christophe HUET and Luc BUSSIERE both intervened on the theme of the specificity of teaching in the light of revelation. Each participant was then invited to join a participatory workshop, place and means of sharing experiences, practices and resources in a very specific field, educational or administrative, hoping that these participatory workshops take the form of regular "platforms of exchange", or "commissions" intended to meet regularly, outside of national events.
- THEMATIC AND PARTICIPATORY WORKSHOPS
- Support for different children. REPLAY HERE Françoise DI SCALA, assisted by Marie Christine BUYCK, Mathée RINDEL, and Manuela BUSSIERE. It was an opportunity to exchange practices and experiences; He addressed both an inclusive perspective of accompaniment and personalized accompaniment.
- The values of the Republic and the civic journey in our schools REPLAY HERE (elementary level) What are the values of the Republic transmitted in our schools? What is the citizenship course offered to our students? How can we highlight what is experienced in our establishments? This workshop was open to all those who wanted to reflect on this theme, share and discuss their experiences, their practices and offer resources. ” Led by Blandine BERNIS director of the Christian school Michel Beraud in Montauban. , assisted by Gilles BLANC, member of the RMC committee, with long experience as deputy mayor of his municipality.
- Manage a single class from kindergarten to CM2. REPLAY HERE . By Philippe DI SCALA. Director of the Roseaux school in charge of a single class.
- To transmit the taste and the practice of reading. REPLAY HERE Louis Michel FILLATRE. you are Nicole SISSIA.
- Teach French in high school. REPLAY HERE This workshop will be co-led by Julie KLEIN and Anne PIERRE ELIEN, French teachers in secondary school (college and high school levels) at the Daniel Establishment in Guebwiller (68), and by Françoise WOLFF, French teacher at Envol College in Toulouse (31) . The workshop will give rise to sharing of thoughts and experiences on various issues such as: the essential process of renewing intelligence (Romans 12: 1-2) that the French teacher is called upon to experience; the transmission of a biblical perspective of the world in the study of the texts. There is also time to discuss the materials, manuals and other resources used; and on experiences and practices aimed as much at exercising the discernment of our students as at developing their creativity and their ability to communicate.
- How do we teach history and geography in our establishments? REPLAY HERE This workshop aims to bring together teachers who teach history and geography (in primary or secondary) to share their experiences, discuss their practices and create links. How to build your progress? Should you rely on a textbook? How to assess students? Should we dissociate historical facts and beliefs in our courses? What form can our biblical integrations take? So many questions that can be addressed in this participatory workshop. Participants who wish to do so may possibly share their contact details with a view to creating a commission (to stay in touch, exchange resources, create joint content). Hosted by Nathaniel CARON, history/geography teacher at the Little Prince.
- Teaching English in middle school. REPLAY HERE Presentation of the Cambridge method and sharing of resources, experiences and practices. Workshop led by Glenda PETIT, teacher at Groupe scolaire Mathurin Cordier.
- Patronage, an opportunity for the development of schools. REPLAY HERE Led by Christian ROZIER administrative director of the Mathurin Cordier School Group. Opportunity for administrators and interested people to meet around this important theme in the life of our schools.
- Family education: REPLAY HERE led by Sylvie LEONG and a team from "IDL Families", a member association of the Mathurin Cordier Network at the service of Christian families teaching at home this workshop will be a place for families to meet and practice Family Instruction, a moment of mutual encouragement, sharing of experience and prayer for the maintenance of the right to education in the family.
- Presentation of the CSIP tools REPLAY HERE by Patrick SCHMITT and Daniel NEUHAUS (ACSI)
- The spiritual potential of children. REPLAY HERE Katy FISCHER (Makers of Joy, Youth on Mission)
- Protestant schools a heritage, a vision. REPLAY HERE By Luc BUSSIERE
- How to develop a project pedagogy? REPLAY ICI. by the Little Prince school team and its director LYDIE JEAN-THEODORE.
- Hiring: fulfilling a need or fulfilling a destiny? REPLAY HERE. Pierre BONIN.
- Presentation of the training “Educating for life”. REPLAY HERE . Jean Christophe HUET.
- The “I am learning to grow” tree REPLAY ICI. Frédéric GARNIER
- How to address the psychological consequences of the Covid crisis? REPLAY ICI. Sophie GUILLAUME